Even the best freelancers make mistakes or may need to refund money for some other reason. You may realize that you made a mistake logging hours in an earlier week or decide to fulfill a dissatisfied client’s request for a refund. You can issue a refund for a previous billing period or on a closed contract for 180 days after you received the client’s payment. Remember, once you issue a refund, you can’t reverse it, and your account will reflect the refund immediately.
To issue a refund:
- Go to My Jobs › All Contracts and click the contract title. If the contract has ended, select the Include closed contracts checkbox at the top of the page.
- Choose the Give a refund button from the (…) options menu.
Choose the amount to be refunded and select Give Refund.
You may only refund an amount that is less than or equal to the lowest of the following
- Net total transactions on the contract in the last 180 days
- Available balance in your CamCad account, including pending transactions and submitted milestones
Once you submit a refund
- We create a credit on your client’s account and a debit on your account for the balance of the refund
- We make the credit available on the client’s account right away
- We deduct the refunded amount (including refunded fees) from your lifetime earnings with the client for determining your relationship’s service fee
To check any refunds that you have given
- Go to the Reports tab, and then choose Transaction History
We must have billed for you before you can issue a refund. To respond to a request from a client to return money that is still in escrow and hasn’t billed yet:
- From your find work home page, go to My Jobs and choose All Contracts.
- Find the contract and select See Request.
- Choose I approve returning the remaining funds in escrow to the client..
- Select Next